ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management best practice.
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved
What is Instructor-Led On-Line Training?
The only difference between our conventional courses and Instructor-Led On-Line (ILO) courses is that you do not physically sit in a classroom. Instead you access your “classroom” online, and you can interact with your instructor and classmates with chat, audio and video as you move through the lessons. Everything else remains the same, including the same expert instructor, the same course materials, the same Pink Elephant techniques and strategies.
Each session of the ILO course are taught on a specific day and time. You receive Joining Instructions, a Headset, and the course materials in advance, and to participate on the day of the class, all you need is a broadband Internet connection. This allows you to connect to a virtual classroom where you can interact directly with the instructor and your peers.
Benefits of Instructor-Led On-Line Training
• No travel costs or travel time
• Same content as in the classroom version of the course
• Live instructor with whom you can interact and ask questions using Voice Over IP (VOIP)
• Modest connectivity requirements let you participate from anywhere
• Thin client implementation for easy system preparation
• Some classes may be scheduled after business hours to minimize time away from work
How can you translate this knowledge into results?
Pink Elephant makes the learning real in this ITIL Foundation level class through the use of meaningful exercises designed to help you understand how to take knowledge (theory) and translate it into results, value and positive outcomes.
Through an understanding of ITIL‘s common language you will be able to communicate more effectively with your colleagues.
You will gain the beginnings of a Continuous Service Improvement mentality—you will start to examine everything you do, and question, “is there a better way to do it that will make it more cost effective, take risk out of the organisation, or improve service quality.”
The training ITIL® Virtual is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Service Management, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
Anyone working in an IT Services environment
or anyone wishing to know how good process management in an IT environment can make their organisation more efficient and effective.
- The course is designed as an introduction to ITIL and enables you to understand how an integrated ITSM framework can be utilised to achieve IT business integration, cost and risk reductions, and increased service quality.
- We‘ll give you an understanding of the common terminology of ITIL and enable you to recall the main concepts of the ITIL Lifecycle model. You will be able to recall and understand the main concepts of the 5 key phases of the Lifecycle Model, and be able to describe and outline the relationships between the ITIL processes and how they integrate, and finally we‘ll prepare you to sit the 1 hour, multiple choice ITIL Foundation Certificate examination.
- In addition, we‘ll give you a basic understanding of Continual Service Improvement, and how that CSI ‘mindset‘ can benefit your organisation.
ITIL Foundations Certification
3 days. -
ITIL Foundations provides you with a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle and its supporting processes, functions and roles. All 5 stages of the lifecycle are covered:
Service Strategy: Looks closely at the IT Strategy to make sure it maps on to the overall business aims and expectations, and helps you to understand the importance of identifying the Value, Outcomes, Costs, and Risks of delivering IT Services.
Service Design: Starting with a set of new or changed business requirements and ending with the development of a solution designed to meet the documented needs of the business.
Service Transition: Concerned with protecting the environment through managing change, risk & quality assurance with an objective to implement service designs so that service operations can manage the services and infrastructure in a controlled manner.
Service Operation: Business as usual activities such as Service Desk, Incident, Problem, Event and Request Management.
Continual Service Improvement: Takes an holistic view of all elements and looks for ways that the overall process and service provision can be improved.
Training costs: £ 595,-
This course is run over 6 x 2 1/2 hour sessions, typically these sessions are delivered over a 3 week period. Please call +44 (0)118 324 0626 or email email@example.com for schedule of modules.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable