ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management best practice.
This comprehensive official ITIL lifecycle certification course will provide you with critical knowledge and practical guidance regarding the management principals and core concepts required to design new or modify existing IT services. The ITIL Service Design publication focuses on the holistic design requirements related to people, process, technology and governance needed to convert strategic objectives into value focused IT service portfolios.
The scope of Service Design is not limited to new services. It includes the changes and improvements necessary to increase or maintain value to customers over the lifecycle of services, the continuity of services, achievement of service levels, and conformance to standards and regulations. It guides organizations on how to develop design capabilities for service management.
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved
What You Will Learn
• The relationship between business value and service design
• The principles of balanced service design (functionality, resources, schedule)
• How to identify meaningful service requirements
• The relationship between service, application, infrastructure and data architectures
• The key roles and organizational capabilities of service design
• The relationship of design constraints to service utility and warranty
• The advantages and disadvantages of various strategic sourcing and delivery models (insourcing, outsourcing, co-sourcing, etc.)
• Review of Service Design processes, and their associated policies, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
o Design Coordination
o Service Catalog Management
o Service Level Management
o Capacity Management
o Availability Management
o IT Service Continuity Management
o Information Security Management
o Supplier Management
• Interaction of Service Design processes with other Service Lifecycle processes
• Technology and implementation considerations for Service Design
The training ITIL® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Service Management, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
IT audit managers
IT security managers
Any IT professional involved in the design of IT services
- Gain critical knowledge and practical guidance regarding the management principles and core concepts required to design new or modify existing IT services
- Identify and agree on the business requirements for input into your service design
- Integrate Enterprise Architecture practices with service blueprinting
- Apply IT standards and policies to decision-making for service design and improvement
- Establish an account management and business engagement based on successful Service Level Management principles
- Manage the risk of the organization by reducing the exposure to availability and capacity Incidents
- Integrate the Information Security Management System into the risk management practices of the organisation
- Define and categorize IT services and offer them to the business in a coherent way
- Improve service provisioning from an accurate and complete service catalog
ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Service Design
3 days. -
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL education for the certification program. The organization is accredited by the Examination Institute for Information Science (EXIN) and Loyalist Certification Services (LCS).
Your instructor is a highly experienced ITIL-certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of experience implementing ITIL processes in a variety of organizations worldwide.
Exam, Certifications & Awards
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Design. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate (3 ITIL credits)
Training costs: £ 899,-
All prices include course materials, complimentary publications (where appropriate), refreshments throughout the day, lunch and exam fee, but exclude VAT.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable