ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management best practice.
This comprehensive official ITIL Lifecycle certification course will provide you with critical knowledge and practical guidance on ensuring that the introduction, deployment, transfer and decommissioning of new or changed services is consistently well managed.
Successful Service Transition depends on an effective understanding and application of Change Management, quality assurance and risk management, as well as effective program and project management. This makes it possible, at every stage through Service Transition to plan, monitor and confirm progress against current business requirements, not just for one service but across all services in transition. Service Transition does not end abruptly when a new or changed service goes live; rather, it works with Service Operation to deliver early life support.
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved
What You Will Learn
• Review of Service Transition processes and their associated roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
o Transition Planning and Support
o Knowledge Management
o Service Asset and Configuration Management
o Change Management
o Release and Deployment Management
o Service Validation and Testing
o Change Evaluation
• Interaction of Service Transition processes with other Service Lifecycle processes Managing communication and commitment
• Managing organizational and stakeholder change
• Technology and implementation considerations for Service Transition
The training ITIL® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Service Management, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
IT audit managers
IT security managers
Any IT professional involved in the transition of IT services.
- Walk away with critical knowledge and practical guidance on ensuring that the introduction, deployment, and decommissioning of new or changed services is consistently well managed
- Integrate your Software Development Methodology with effective Release and Change Management practices
- Reduce the risk of service outages through management assessments and increased accountability
- Establish a holistic and responsive testing and validation practice and function in support of quality assurance
- Formalize a business focused evaluation process to ensure that both functional and non-functional requirements are met
- Identify and implement appropriate levels of control and separation of duties for the service transition to production
ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Service Transition
3 days. -
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL education for the certification program. The organization is accredited by the Examination Institute for Information Science (EXIN) and Loyalist Certification Services (LCS).
Your instructor is a highly experienced ITIL-certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of experience implementing ITIL processes in a variety of organizations worldwide.
Exam, Certifications & Awards
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Service Transition. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate (3 ITIL credits)
Training costs: £ 895,-
All prices include course materials, complimentary publications (where appropriate), refreshments throughout the day, lunch and exam fee, but exclude VAT.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable