Lean IT Kaizen: Implementing Lean IT Practices
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Lean IT Kaizen Certificate.
What is “Kaizen”? It is an improvement philosophy in which continuous, incremental improvement occurs over a sustained period of time, creating more value and less waste, resulting in increased speed, lower costs and improved quality.
This is a practical and hands-on 3-day course that teaches and equips individuals to define, facilitate and lead Lean IT Kaizen improvement initiatives. The course teaches students how to effectively use the Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) improvement model leveraging the Lean A3 problem identification and planning tool to complete a full improvement cycle.
This certification course provides you with the knowledge, skills and methodology required to identify, plan and implement incremental service and process improvements focused on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of any process or value stream.
The training Lean IT is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Service Management, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
The course is designed for IT practitioners interested in expanding their practical knowledge and skills to lead targeted Lean improvement initiatives focused on continual service improvement
Managers tasked with department level process improvements
Quality assurance managers
Any roles responsible for quality/ efficiency and continual service improvement
- The 3-day course is very comprehensive and teaches you how to be a highly effective Lean Kaizen Lead.
- During the course you will:
- Understand Lean principles related specifically to leading a Kaizen event
- Understand how to apply the Lean A3 tool to support continual improvement
- Gain practical how-to knowledge of how to use of the Six Sigma DMIAC improvement model as a structured improvement methodology
- Learn about improvement scoping and validation
- Learn how to gain voice of customer input and establish critical to quality requirements
- Learn how to apply and use Value Stream Mapping (VSM) techniques to identify process waste and speed improvement opportunities
- Understand how to use root cause analysis techniques to support problem analysis
- Learn how to identify, select and use various improvement options
- Understand how to establish effective controls
- Understand how to establish methods to improve quality and mistake proof future process activities
This course prepares you for the examination leading to the Lean IT Kaizen Certificate.
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your Lean IT Foundation Certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course.
3 days. -
Materials included with this course provide a very good overview of the concepts and principles, and adequately prepare attendees for the exam. For those seeking to expand their knowledge further, we recommend the following publications and articles:
The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook — Michael L. George, John Maxey, David Rowlands and Malcolm Upton
Managing to Learn — John Shook
You can purchase these recommended readings from the following sources:
The Book Depository
Barnes & Noble
Training costs: £ 805,-
All prices include lunch, coffee and tea. Price is excluding VAT.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable