PRINCE2® is a de facto standard developed and used extensively by the UK government and is widely recognised and used in the private sector, in the UK and internationally.
This two day certification course follows PRINCE2 Foundations and provides guidance for those seeking to become effective IT project contributors and for those who wish to obtain the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification. While the Foundations course provides theory, the Practitioner course teaches you how to practically apply the PRINCE2 concepts within a project environment.
PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based, scalable approach for effective IT project management. The Office of Government Commerce (OGC) developed PRINCE2 in the mid ‘80s specifically for IT projects. With a direct relationship to ITIL®, the
framework is public domain and offers non-proprietary guidance on project management.
PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved
What You Will Learn
Through instructor-led discussions, case studies, practical examples and group exercises, you’ll learn the how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 processes, themes and techniques within a project environment. You’ll also learn how to evaluate completed projects and project events.
The training PRINCE2® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Project Management, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
Senior Project Officers
Project & Program Coordinator/Managers
Development & Planning Managers
IT Infrastructure Managers
ITIL Process Owners
Anyone already involved with PMI education seeking to take their project management knowledge to a global/international level
- How to tailor and evaluate the application of PRINCE2 to a project’s size, complexity, risk and importance
- How to align a business case to a project scenario and to evaluate and maintain the business case alignment throughout the lifecycle of a project
- How to develop a communication management strategy considering processes and roles
- How to apply a project communication management strategy
- How to apply and tailor the organisation theme within a project environment
- How to develop, apply, tailor and evaluate the plans, risk and change themes within a project lifecycle
- How to develop a quality management strategy, including how to: Prepare a quality audit trail, Derive customer quality expectations, Review quality and Integrate project quality with Quality Management Systems
- How to prepare, apply and evaluate a work package, lesson log, checkpoint report, highlight report, end stage report, exception report, end project report, and a lessons report
- PRINCE2 project processes, including how to apply them and how to tailor them within a project environment; specifically: Starting up a project, Directing a project, Initiating a project; Managing stage boundaries, Controlling a stage, Managing product delivery and Closing a project
PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification
To be eligible to sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination a canidate must hold the pre-requisite PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification. Recognition is also given for the following qualifications: • Project Management Professional (PMP) • Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) • IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director) • IPMA Level B (Certified Senior Project Manager) • IPMA Level C (Certified Project Manager) • IPMA Level D (Certified Project Management Associate)
2 days. -
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide PRINCE2 education for the certification program. The organization is accredited by the APM Group.
Your instructor is a highly experienced PRINCE2-certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of IT experience consulting to a variety of organizations worldwide.
Exam, Certifications & Awards
• This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the PRINCE2 Practitioners certification. A two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) open book exam occurs at the end of the course. The exam consists of 9 questions. A passing mark of 55% is required to receive your certificate
• You will attain 14 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers
Training costs: £ 849,-
All prices include course materials, complimentary publications (where appropriate), refreshments throughout the day, lunch and exam fee, but exclude VAT.
PRINCE2® is registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable