ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management best practice.
This official ITIL capability certification course enables you to master the key ITIL processes needed to properly plan for service transitions; assess changes; build, test and deploy releases; validate changes before they go into production; evaluate the changes once they are in operation to ensure that the benefits have been realised while minimising adverse effects; and transfer the right level of knowledge to the right people, through effective and efficient Configuration and Knowledge Management systems.
It includes a mix of instructor-led training and hands-on exercises to help participants learn about the practical application of the ITIL concepts, organisational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to the following processes:
• Change Management
• Service Validation & Testing
• Release & Deployment Management
• Service Asset & Configuration Management
• Request Fulfillment
• Change Evaluation
• Knowledge Management
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved
What You Will Learn
Service Management as a practice and how it creates business value
In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
• Change Management: Enables successful service transition
• Service Validation & Testing: Ensures the integrity and quality of the transition
• Release & Deployment Management: Ensures the proper building, testing and deploying of a release
• Service Asset & Configuration Management: Monitors the state of the transition
• Request Fulfillment: Ensures the effective and expedient fulfillment of service requests and provides a standard for evaluation
• Evaluation: Reviews whether the performance and value of a service is acceptable
• Knowledge Management: Enhances ongoing management decision support and service delivery capability
• Technology and implementation considerations for these processes
The training ITIL® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Service Management, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
Release and Deployment Managers
IT Managers and Directors
Any IT professional involved with the processes described above
- Master the key ITIL processes needed to smoothly transition additions and changes into your production environment
- Improve the success rate and throughput of changes by mandating fit-for-purpose review and approvals
- Ensure Change Management is responsive to business requirements without being bureaucratic
- Increase the volume of changes without increasing business risk using an improved Change and Release model
- Improve your Monday morning IT management experience by having advance knowledge of planned changes
- Manage risks effectively through the use of an effective change model and a functioning CMDB
- Reduce the risk of service changes by establishing detailed production assurance requirements
- Integrate IT project management and Application Development with Release Change Management
ITIL® Intermediate Certificate in Release
Control and Validation
4 days. -
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL education for the certification program. The organization is accredited by the Examination Institute for Information Science (EXIN) and Loyalist Certification Services (LCS). Your instructor is a highly experienced ITIL-certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of experience implementing ITIL processes in a variety of organizations worldwide.
Exam, Certifications & Awards
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Intermediate Certificate: Release, Control & Validation. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, a sample exam is delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate (4 ITIL credits).
Training costs: £ 1249,-
All prices include course materials, complimentary publications (where appropriate), refreshments throughout the day, lunch and exam fee, but exclude VAT.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable