Essential development and recognised qualifications for IT Service & Support Analysts and Service Desk Managers. Leads to the Service Desk Institute certifications.
Excellent Service Desk support is vital to ensure a company consistently delivers the required IT Service & Support levels. The responsibilities of the Support Analyst are many and they evolve constantly, so a diverse skill-set is required to meet the challenging demands placed on them. This course equips the support analyst with the skills essential to deliver excellent levels of customer service and support. It also examines support methodologies and technologies and the tools utilised within the Service Desk. It reviews issues such as Service Level Agreements, the benefits and pitfalls, and the importance of metrics; the implementation of Service Management processes and effective problem solving techniques that a Service desk Analyst can utilise.
This course is based upon the standards and objectives for SDI’s Service Desk Analyst qualification and ensures delegates are provided with the knowledge, information and tools to sit the SDA examination.
- What You Will Learn
- Roles and responsibilities - learn about everything you need to know about being an efficient and effective service desk analyst and the key concepts required to deliver effective support
- Relationship management - discover the importance of team work, customer relationships and cultural awareness, best practice customer service, dealing effectively with difficult situations and teamwork
- Effective communication skills and competencies - identify and develop the core competencies of communication required on the service desk
- Problem solving - examine the process and practice the techniques
- Effective rapport and conflict management skills - learn how to deal successfully with a variety of people and situations, including the difficult ones
- Effective processes management - establish the need for processes and procedures for call handling and how to create high-quality documentation
- IT Service Management (based on the ITIL® Framework) - learn about the role of the service desk in the incident management process such as best practice procedures for escalations, problem, change and IT service continuity management, effective knowledge and service level management, IT security
- Quality assurance activities - review the importance of quality processes, customer satisfaction surveys and the benefits of metrics
- Tools and technologies - gain an insight in to the basics of PBX, ACD and IP telephony, CTI, selfservice and self-healing technology
3 days. -
Who should attend?
Service Desk and Support Analysts (1st Line IT Support) with at least 9 months experience in an IT Service & Support environment.
Why You Should Attend
The Service Desk is usually the first port of call for customers of the IT Service Provider – whether that be an internal or external organisation. It is the contact point on which the customer will make his or her perception of the quality of service delivered by the IT department. When a customer calls the Service Desk they usually have a problem, or they require something to enable them to do their job better. It is how these interactions are dealt with that will determine the success of the IT service provision.
By equipping the Service Desk Analysts with the right competencies and customer service skills you will ensure your customers get the highest level of service possible.
Training costs: £ 795,-
All prices include course materials, complimentary publications (where appropriate), refreshments throughout the day, lunch and exam fee, but exclude VAT.
SDI® is a registered Trade Mark of the SDI Organisation.
The SDI Logo™ is a Trade Mark of the SDI Organisation.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable