Essential development and recognised qualifications for IT Service & Support Analysts and Service Desk Managers. Leads to the Service Desk Institute certifications.
Excellent Service Desk support is vital to ensure a company consistently delivers the required IT Service & Support levels. Being an effective Service Desk Manager requires a broad range of talents, from people-oriented abilities and an awareness of logistics to financial acumen and presentation skills. This course provides a thorough understanding of, and qualification in, Service Desk Management.
This course is based upon the standards and objectives for SDI’s Service Desk Manager qualification and ensures delegates are provided with the knowledge, information and tools to sit the SDM examination.
The training Service Desk Institute is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Service Desk, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
The course is designed for both new and experienced Service Desk Managers
- Roles and responsibilities - learn about everything you need to know about being an efficient and effective service desk analyst and the key concepts required to deliver effective support
- Relationship management - discover the importance of team work, customer relationships and cultural awareness, best practice customer service, dealing effectively with difficult situations and teamwork
- Effective communication skills and competencies - identify and develop the core competencies of communication required on the service desk
- Problem solving - examine the process and practice the techniques
- Effective rapport and conflict management skills - learn how to deal successfully with a variety of people and situations, including the difficult ones
- Effective processes management - establish the need for processes and procedures for call handling and how to create high-quality documentation
- IT Service Management (based on the ITIL® Framework) - learn about the role of the service desk in the incident management process such as best practice procedures for escalations, problem, change and IT service continuity management, effective knowledge and service level management, IT security
- Quality assurance activities - review the importance of quality processes, customer satisfaction surveys and the benefits of metrics
- Tools and technologies - gain an insight in to the basics of PBX, ACD and IP telephony, CTI, selfservice and self-healing technology
- Staff recruitment, retention and development - examine effective recruitment programmes, core skills, staff development, effective relationships with teams and individuals
- Motivation - establish reward and recognition strategies, employee and customer satisfaction programmes, performance management, staff motivation, work environment
- Leadership and management - discover how to be an effective leader and manager, improve your professional development, and hone teamwork, coaching, mentoring and stress management skills
Service Desk Manager Certificate
4 days. -
The Service Desk is usually the first port of call for customers of the IT Service Provider – whether that be an internal or external organisation. It is the contact point on which the customer will make his or her perception of the quality of service delivered by the IT department. When a customer calls the Service Desk they usually have a problem, or they require something to enable them to do their job better. It is how these interactions are dealt with that will determine the success of the IT service provision.
Training costs: £ 995,-
All prices include course materials, complimentary publications (where appropriate), refreshments throughout the day, lunch and exam fee, but exclude VAT.
SDI® is a registered Trade Mark of the SDI Organisation.
The SDI Logo™ is a Trade Mark of the SDI Organisation.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable