Complimentary best practice frameworks working alongside ITIL. Covering governance, tactical and operational service delivery and management of software assets.
COBIT® is a trademark of ISACA® registered in the United States and other countries.
This three-day instructor-led, classroom-based course, provides an end-to-end business view of COBIT 5 – an internationally accepted framework for governing and managing enterprise IT that supports executives and management in their definition and achievement of business goals and related IT goals. Formerly known as Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT), the current version of COBIT consolidates and integrates the frameworks of COBIT 4.1, Val IT 2.0 and Risk IT.
The key learning areas covered in this course are:
• An Overview of COBIT 5 (History, Drivers, Benefits, Structure, Alignment)
• The Five Principles Of COBIT 5
• The Seven Enablers Of COBIT 5
• An Introduction To COBIT 5 Implementation
• The Process Capability Assessment Model
You will gain an understanding of how the COBIT 5 framework supports enterprises in the development, implementation, continuous improvement and monitoring of good IT-related governance and management practices.
In addition, you will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance to be able assess the current state of your IT organization with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
The training COBIT® 5.0 Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Service Management, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
Individuals looking to gain insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT – Business Process Owners
Business Process Consultants
IT /IS Auditors
Information Security and IT Practitioners
Senior IT Managers
Be certified as a COBIT Implementer or Assessor
- The major drivers for the development of COBIT 5
- The business benefits of using COBIT 5
- The COBIT 5 Product Architecture
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises
- The five Key Principles of COBIT 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise
- How the COBIT 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the five Principles and the seven Governance and Management Enablers
- The basic concepts for the Implementation of COBIT 5
- The basic concepts of the new Process Assessment Model
- COBIT 5 guides and how they interrelate
the COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate
3 days. -
There are no prerequisites for this course. Work experience in governance, process management / improvement or IT service management is recommended.
This course prepares you for the examination leading to the COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate. This exam is scheduled during the last day of the course and is a closed book, 40-minute, 50-question, multiple-choice exam. The COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate examination is administered and marked by APMG. You must achieve a passing mark of 50% to attain your certificate.
Training costs: £ 795,-
All prices include course materials, complimentary publications (where appropriate), refreshments throughout the day, lunch and exam fee, but exclude VAT.
ISACA® and COBIT® are trademarks registered by ISACA® in the U.S. and other countries.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable