ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management best practice.
This is a new two-day course that prepares you for the examination leading to the new ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management.
What’s the difference between ITIL v3 and ITIL 4? In a nutshell, ITIL v3 describes Service Management around 26 processes and functions that are part of a continuous process of 5 life cycles: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. All of the v3 body of knowledge is still very worthwhile and relevant!
ITIL 4 takes you through a more evolved view of a Service Value System, which provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
The course is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables you to understand a new way to look at IT Service Management through a Service Value System.
This Foundation level course is the first course to be introduced by AXELOS in the new ITIL 4 certification scheme. The Foundation course is a mandatory requirement for all other levels.
The training ITIL® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Service Management, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
Anyone looking for IT Service Management education and an understanding of how to provide business value. Also anyone who is looking to upgrade their ITIL v3 certification and knowledge.
- High level overview of ITIL v3’s 5-step Lifecycle model and how the current 26 processes and functions map to the new ITIL 4 model
- The seven Guiding Principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL’s new Service Value Chain
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- The 34 ITIL practices, with a focus on 18 of these
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and Organisational Change Management, and why these are important to deliver business value
ITIL® 4 Foundation Certificate
There are no mandatory prerequisites.
2 days. -
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL education for the certification program. The organisation is accredited by the APM Group (APMG), Examination Institute for Information Science (EXIN) and Loyalist Certification Services (LCS). Your instructor is a highly experienced ITIL-certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team.
You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of experience implementing ITIL processes in a variety of organisations worldwide.
• This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management. A 60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is scheduled on the last day of the course, and is administered by an independent examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and completed online.
• A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam
• You will attain 18 professional development units for Project Managers
Training costs: £ 799,-
All prices include lunch, coffee and tea. Price is excluding VAT.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable
- 18-02-2019 Classroom Monday Reading £ 799 Timetable
- 21-02-2019 Classroom Thursday London £ 899 Timetable
- 07-03-2019 Classroom Thursday London £ 899 Timetable
- 25-03-2019 Classroom Monday Reading £ 799 Timetable
- 11-04-2019 Classroom Thursday Reading £ 799 Timetable
- 25-04-2019 Classroom Thursday London £ 899 Timetable