Lean IT Foundation:
Using Lean Principles for Continual Service Improvement. Based on the core principles of Lean, this two-day certification course will help IT departments become customer and value oriented, removing waste, inflexibility and variability. Lean IT departments and organisations benefit from increased customer value, eliminated waste, continual improvement and maintain value with less effort.
The principles of Lean IT are applicable to all organisations with IT operations regardless of industry or sector. Any organisation effectively applying Lean IT will notice increased customer satisfaction, reductions of IT costs and increased productivity and ability to manage demand. Through a focus on efficiency, speed and reduction of waste within their value delivery processes IT organisations will ensure their role as a strategic partner in winning and maintaining customers.
Lean IT is built on the proven Lean practices developed in manufacturing organisations around the world and tailored for the IT processes spanning the Service Lifecycle. The central focus of Lean IT is on the flow of value to customers across all IT domains. The elimination of waste, where waste is defined as something that adds no value to a product or service, provides diligent focus on undertaking activities and processes and managing infrastructure and resources in managing the customer value stream.
Lean IT complements other IT management methods, including ITIL® and PRINCE2®, through adding a clear sense of purpose to deliver value to customers where other methods focus on how to execute certain aspects of IT.
The training Lean IT is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of , understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
Any member of an IT organisation wanting to improve efficiency within their operation. IT practitioners charged with managing a customer relationship and its outcomes. IT professionals within organisations that have adopted Lean IT philosophies and practices
- Understand the origin and development of the Lean philosophy
- Understand and be able to identify the concept of waste
- Learn about and how to apply Lean analytical tools
- A3 Thinking / PDCA
- Go Look and See (fact not emotion)
- Value Stream Mapping
- Kaizen (System, Process, Activity)
- Standardise Work Practices
- 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardise, Sustain)
- Visual Workplace (Eliminate visual and mental noise)
- Be able to define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your organisation
- Be able to initiate, document, and implement process improvements
- Reduce of costs by eliminating waste and inefficiencies in your IT infrastructure and processes
- Increase productivity through improved resource management
- Increase customer satisfaction by focusing on delivering value
Lean IT Foundation Certificate
2 days. -
Due to the in-depth nature of this course, it is highly recommended that students review the Lean IT syllabus and the sections stated in the syllabus from the following publications:
• Lean Thinking, Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Corporation. Authors: James P. Womack and Daniel T. Jones. ISBN Number: 13:978-0-7432-3164-0
• Lean IT, Enabling and Sustaining Your Lean Transformation. Authors: Steven C. Bell and Michael A. Orzen. ISBN Number: 978-1-4398-1756-8
• Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook. Authors: Michael L. George and David Rowlands. ISBN Number: 0-07-144119-0
• Lean IT Foundation Article (Available For Free Download) Authors: Niels Loader, Dragana Mijatovic and Hans Kompier.
Optional reading for attendees, who would like to build more understanding, we recommend:
• The Toyota Way. Author: Jeffrey K. Liker. ISBN: 0-07-139231-9
• Creating a Lean Culture. Author: David Mann. ISBN: 978-1-4398-1141-2
• The Lean Toolbox for Service Systems. Author: John Bicheno. ISBN: 978-0-9541244-4-1
You can purchase these recommended readings from the following sources:
• Amazon – www.amazon.com
• The Book Depository – www.bookdepository.co.uk
• Barnes and Noble – www.bn.com
Training costs: £ 619,-
All prices include lunch, coffee and tea. Price is excluding VAT.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable