We are pleased to invite you to our inaugural “How to get ready for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – Master Class” which forms part of our GDPR training and consultancy services suite.
GDPR comes into force in May 2018 and introduces significant new rights for those living in the European Union, such as the right to request information on all data a company holds on them and for it to be deleted, as well as responsibilities for “data processors” – any business, public body, Non-Government Organisation or other organisation that handles personal data.
All UK businesses will be affected for three key reasons.
1. The UK will still be a member of the EU at the point when GDPR comes into force.
2. Even after the UK leaves organisations will still need to follow the rules if they want to do business with the EU
3. An upcoming piece of UK legislation, the Data Protection Act, tightly mirrors the rules set out in GDPR to such an extent that there will be little difference between them.
This master class presents a great opportunity to explore the challenges, benefits of and the pragmatic steps to ensure success. This event presents a fantastic opportunity for attendees to network with peers and share experiences & best practices.
Our consultant Helen Windle has years of experience in IT Service Management backed up with practical experience, working with companies like The London Stock Exchange, ASOS, Burberry and Apple.
The training GDPR is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of , understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
Business Directors or Managers
Data protection Managers
Information Security Managers
Corporate Governance Managers
Risk and compliance Managers
- Gain a thorough understanding of GDPR and what has changed
- Share insights and experiences with peers on how to tackle the issues.
- Understand how to use the Data Protections Impact analysis tool and take it away with you
- Capture concrete, pragmatic insights and actions to take away.
- Understand the challenges and leave equipped with ways to tackle them
1 day. -
• 09:00 Registration & Breakfast
• 09:30 GDPR – Its NEW, its LAW What does it mean?
o Myths and misunderstandings
• 10:30 Break
• 10:45 What do we have to do?
o What are the Risks
o How to mitigate the Risks
o How can Service Management Best Practice support us?
• 12:30 Lunch
• 13:30 DPIA
o What is it?
o How to conduct a DPIA?
• 15:00 Break
• 15:15 Identified challenges you may need to overcome and more importantly how to!
• 17:00 Drinks in the Pink Bar
Training costs: £ 195,-
All prices include lunch, coffee and tea. Price is excluding VAT.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable