ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management best practice.
Managing Across the Lifecycle is a course that provides a holistic picture of the critical learning points and knowledge IT management staff require on key organizational topics such as: governance structures, roles, functions, process dependencies, complementary frameworks, service assessments and the management of change issues related to the ITIL® service lifecycle. After taking this course, you will be better equipped to understand the strategic design, deployment and management of the capabilities and resources required by the full IT service lifecycle.
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved
Specifically, this course addresses the interfaces, interactions and organizational requirements between the processes addressed in the five core ITIL publications: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement.
The training ITIL® Classroom is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Service Management, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
Individuals who have attained the ITIL-based Foundations Certificate in IT Service Management and who wish to attain the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is the final mandatory module
Individuals involved in any or all phases or the lifecycle of services and processes
and who require a deep understanding of how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service delivery within an organization
IT professionals working in an organization that has adopted ITIL and who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program
Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite. This may include but is not limited to
Senior IT Managers
IT Managers and Supervisors
IT professionals and IT Operation practitioners
- Introduction to IT Service Management Business and Managerial Issues - Positioning and transitioning the Lifecycle. Using open-loop and closed-loop systems, and the relationship between Business and IT, and how to achieve business value
- Management of Strategic Change - Determining critical success components, benefits, value, and costs dynamics. Planning the alignment, scope, resources, capabilities, communication, quality, knowledge transfer, business relationship management and retiring of services
- Risk Management - Identification, evaluation, analysis, correction and control of internal and external risks Understanding Organizational Challenges
- Managing the Planning and Implementation of IT Service Management - Activities during Plan, Do, Check, Act, strategy aspects, the 4P’s of Strategy. Identify the considerations for policies, strategy, design, and transition. Activities such as guiding, leading, monitoring, controlling, evaluating and communicating
- Understanding Organizational Challenges - Organizational maturity, structure, transition, governance, and achieving balance in Service Operations Knowledge management and security of information
- Service Assessment - Service measuring and reporting, monitoring, benchmarking and assessing achievements. Corrective action and Improvements from a Business Perspective
- Understanding Complementary Industry Guidance - Understand the value of and distinguish between the complementary practices and how they support ITIL initiatives
This course also prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Certificate: Managing Across the Lifecycle. This is a free-standing qualification but is also the final module of the Service Lifecycle and/or Service Capability modules that leads to the ITIL Expert certification.
ITIL® V3 Foundation
5 days. -
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already have acquired two (2) credits from the ITIL Foundation certificate and, as a minimum, have obtained a further 15 credits from ITIL Intermediate qualifications, for a total of at least 17 credits.
Your certificates must be presented, in advance, as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course. To be eligible for the MALC exam, candidates must also have fulfilled at least 30 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks) with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme.
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL education for the certification program. The organization is accredited by the Examination Institute for Information Science (EXIN) and Loyalist Certification Services (LCS).
Your instructor is a highly experienced ITIL-certified member of Pink Elephant’s consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant’s internal Certified Trainer Program. You can expect to learn from an individual with the industry’s deepest knowledge on how to lead a successful implementation project. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink Elephant’s vendor neutrality – as well as many years of experience implementing ITIL processes in a variety of organizations worldwide.
Exam, Certifications & Awards
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Certificate: Managing Across the Lifecycle. A 120-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of 10 multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, sample exam questions are delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate, you will gain 5 ITIL credits upon passing the examination
Training costs: £ 1799,-
All prices include course materials, complimentary publications (where appropriate), refreshments throughout the day, lunch and exam fee, but exclude VAT.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable