Simulations are an innovative and engaging way to put ITSM best practice into live situation.
Does your IT organisation understand the issues which directly affect the business, and the financial implications of not being able to trade? Do the IT and business managers have formal processes and channels through which to communicate and liaise when these issues arise? Do the IT departmental teams understand what the IT management understands about the business and what it takes to keep it running?
If you answered yes to all of these questions you probably already have 100% availability, formal processes in place and customers who are raving fans. In which case, this simulation is not for you. If however you are experiencing the stress of managing and working in a dynamic environment, trying to meet the ever changing demands of the business, whilst simultaneously achieving service targets with increasing budget constraints – this exercise will prove to be a very useful experience.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
This highly-interactive simulation is a high-impact, energetic way to accelerate understanding and acceptance of Service Management concepts such as ITIL®.
The training Business Simulations is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Service Management, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
Anyone working in IT Services
This is also useful for other business colleagues to enable them to understand how good business processes applied to the IT organisation can make a real difference to the bottom line.
- On completion of PoleStar participants will:
- Have significantly improved their understanding of Business/IT Alignment
- Be able to discover the effectiveness of employing industry best practices such as ITIL®
- Be able to apply ITIL processes to real IT Service Management situations in their organisations
- Understand how implementing best practice Service Management processes affects both above, and below the line activities
- Understand the strategic benefits adopting Service Management will have on business performance
- Understand how the actions they take in the IT department can impact the profitability of the company.
1 day. -
Polestar ITSM can be comfortably used within all levels of an organisation and, by the end of the day, the delegate will have gained a detailed understanding of exactly how ITIL can work for the IT department – and, importantly, the business.
Facilitated in the fast world of global on-line retail, Polestar ITSM brings to life the service management, cultural and process issues faced by organisations and encourages strategic partnership between IT and the business. This is done through a realistic, exhilarating scenario which participants can directly relate to, and have actual experience of.
Typically delivered over 5 rounds, the Polestar simulation uses gaming dynamics to mirror the real world interaction between IT and the business, from both a strategic and operational perspective. The simulation structure is designed to reflect the entire service management lifecycle as defined by ITIL V3. Participants progress through the rounds, increasing operational maturity and gaining a holistic understanding of quality service management as they go.
In addition, the simulation experience continues between rounds through defined service transition phases which require the participants engagement in planning for strategic and operational continual service improvements.
• Working in silos (IT and the Business)
• Communication issues and chaos
• Introducing the Service Desk and Incident Management
• Refining and improving Incident Management
• Introducing Problem Management, Knowledge Management and Trend Analysis
• Introducing Availability and Capacity Management
• Introducing Configuration, Change and Service Level Management
• Business Relationship Management
• Maturing the Service Desk and Incident Management
• Maturing Problem Management and the Knowledge Base
• The importance of Change and Release Management
• Service Continuity and Event Management
• Supplier and Information Security Management
• Introducing Financial Management
• Maturing Configuration Management
• Demonstrate importance of processes and their relationships
• Review how ITSM maturity has evolved and the benefits to the business
Training costs: £ POA,-
If you are interested in this workshop please call us on +44 (0)118 3240620 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start date Type Day Location Pricing Register Timetable