Lean IT Foundation: Using Lean Principles for Continual Service Improvement. Based on the core principles of Lean, this two-day certification course will help IT departments become customer and value-oriented, removing waste, inflexibility and variability. Lean IT departments and organisations benefit from increased customer value, eliminated waste, continual improvement and maintain value with less effort.
Lean IT complements other IT management methods, including ITIL® and PRINCE2®, by adding a clear sense of purpose to deliver value to customers where other methods focus on how to execute certain aspects of IT.
Lean IT Association logo is a registered trademark of the Lean IT Association LLC. All rights reserved.
The training Lean IT e-learning is designed to provide insight into the basic processes of Leadership & Culture Change, understanding, and is therefore especially suitable for:
Any member of an IT organisation wanting to improve efficiency within their operation. IT practitioners charged with managing a customer relationship and its outcomes. IT professionals within organisations that have adopted Lean IT philosophies and practices.
Virtual training is provided via the WebEx platform. Virtual training requires delegates to have access to a stable internet connection throughout the course and a headset with a microphone to communicate with the instructor. Find out more about how virtual courses work here.
40 questions per paper
26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 65%
60 minutes duration
There are no mandatory requirements to take the Lean IT Foundation exam.
Due to the in-depth nature of this course, it is highly recommended that students review the Lean IT syllabus and the sections stated in the syllabus from the following publications:
• Lean Thinking, Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Corporation. Authors: James P. Womack and Daniel T. Jones. ISBN Number: 13:978-0-7432-3164-0
• Lean IT, Enabling and Sustaining Your Lean Transformation. Authors: Steven C. Bell and Michael A. Orzen. ISBN Number: 978-1-4398-1756-8
• Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook. Authors: Michael L. George and David Rowlands. ISBN Number: 0-07-144119-0
• Lean IT Foundation Article (Available For Free Download) Authors: Niels Loader, Dragana Mijatovic and Hans Kompier.
Optional reading for attendees, who would like to build more understanding, we recommend:
• The Toyota Way. Author: Jeffrey K. Liker. ISBN: 0-07-139231-9
• Creating a Lean Culture. Author: David Mann. ISBN: 978-1-4398-1141-2
• The Lean Toolbox for Service Systems. Author: John Bicheno. ISBN: 978-0-9541244-4-1
You can purchase these recommended readings from the following sources:
• Amazon – www.amazon.com
• The Book Depository – www.bookdepository.co.uk
• Barnes and Noble – www.bn.com
I would like to request onsite training for the following course: Lean IT Foundation Virtual Virtual