Managed Service Desk
The Service Desk is the window into IT Services. When things go wrong on the Service Desk, the organisation’s perception of value to the business that the IT department delivers can suffer and, more importantly, the reputation of the people managing IT Services will also suffer.
Ask any experienced consultant and they will tell you that the typical starting point for any improvement initiative based on IT Service Management best practice is at the Service Desk, and the Incident Management process which guides its activities.
Key problems our service is designed to solve:
- De-motivated, under-performing staff.
- Low first time fix rate.
- Lack of career progression leading to ….
- Service Desk ‘churn’.
- Too much money spent with agencies finding replacements.
- Too much time spent on people management.
- Difficult to manage and keep motivated staff.
- Lack of process & process automation.
- Lack of out of hours service.
- No/poor relationship with customer base.
- Poor perception of IT Services by Customer.
- Current supplier’s core business is Hardware/Software – don’t really understand ‘Service’.
The simple reason behind this is the fact that IT Support is a core and most visible element of IT Service Delivery. Most organisations have a function in place to ‘fix’ things with some level of maturity.
Improvements to this area are seen to be relatively quick to obtain with a high benefit to the business customer without requiring major organisational change, but critical to success are the people providing the customer support activities.
The Pink Elephant Managed Service Desk places the emphasis on the staffing, management and improvement of your customer’s single point of contact to IT. Pink Elephant provides certified, experienced people to your premises at the “peak of their enthusiasm” to deliver this critical element of customer service excellence, based firmly on ITIL® best practices.
The deployment of the team is carried out using a proven transition plan suitable for any organisation and provides immediate access to globally tested ITIL® processes and procedures, fully documented, allowing for the implementation of key best practice disciplines at day one.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Pink Elephant employees: recruitment is key, mostly graduates with an infectious Customer Service attitude.
- Rigorous induction programme: all staff will have at least ITIL Foundation and SDI Service Desk Analyst certification.
- Every employee has a 3-year Charter: our IT Service Management Apprenticeship.
- Field Managers – responsible for well being of on-site staff – conduct regular appraisals and manage career progression. Also responsible for performance, SLAs and KPIs.
- Staff Rotation: keeping on-site staff at their peak of motivation and drive. Ensures the client always has fresh, motivated, energetic analyst.
- Supernumerary staff: if you need 8 analysts or above, we will provide additional free resource to cover any absence.
- Knowledge: all our staff have the back-up of one of the world’s leading authorities on IT Service Management.
- The Service Wrap: when you take a fully-managed service, we’ll provide a Service Desk assessment at the start of the contract to feed into an improvement plan.
- Known fixed costs and no more recruitment fees.
- ITIL best practice processes and procedures deployed by the Leaders in IT Management.
- Pink Elephant is responsible for the recruitment, selection and management of all staff performance issues within the Service Desk environment.
- Standard, detailed monthly reporting included against pre-agreed service levels.
- Service performance is underpinned by Pink Elephant’s world class team of consultants and education products.